OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A federal judge in Oklahoma City dismissed a lawsuit from a man imprisoned for a role in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. Zacarias Moussaoui (zak-uh-REE’-uhs moo-SOW’-ee).
The Oklahoman (http://bit.ly/1NJ7a2A ) reports U.S. District Judge Vicki Miles-Lagrange tossed the lawsuit from Zacarias Moussaoui (zak-uh-REE’-uhs moo-SOW’-ee) last week because the convicted terrorist did not pay a $400 filing fee and never asked to have the fee waived.
In a handwritten complaint mailed to Oklahoma City federal court in October, Moussaoui asked the judge to let him testify about assistance he said he received from a Saudi prince in his “Islamic terrorist activities.” Moussaoui also said he met with the prince at the University of Oklahoma in February 2001 to take flying lessons.
The 47-year-old Moussaoui is serving a life prison sentence after pleading guilty in 2005 to conspiring with the Sept. 11 hijackers and Osama bin Laden to attack the United States. Attorneys for Saudi Arabia have said the country “had no role in the attacks.”
Moussaoui also asked the judge to appoint him an attorney in order to sue President Barack Obama for obstruction of justice, and to order a warden at a Colorado maximum security prison where he is housed to stop harassing him.
Federal judges in three other states also have refused to consider similar complaints.
Information from: The Oklahoman, http://www.newsok.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.