Though Arizona cracked the top ten for most patriotic states last year in a study, it has dropped to the bottom half this time around.
A study, conducted by personal finance website WalletHub, ranked states based on eight key metrics, including military engagement, voting habits and civic education. Arizona placed at a below-average No. 30, right behind Tennessee and Michigan.
Arizona ranked last in the U.S. in percentage of residents who voted in the most recent presidential election, with Minnesota voting rates being twice as high.
Though Arizonans were placed tenth in the nation in military engagement, they rated bottom five in civic engagement, at 47.
Virginia, Washington, Colorado, Idaho and Alaska made up the top five.
West Virginia, Utah, Rhode Island, New Jersey and New York ranked as the least patriotic states in the nation.
Do you want to show your patriotism? Check out our map of Fourth of July events around the Valley.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains