The hot summer months are upon us and, for some, this time of year can be deadly.
The Maricopa County Department of Health and Human Services said 110 people died of heat-related issues in 2012. In 2014, that number was cut to just 26. Why?
There are numerous reasons, but the Phoenix Rescue Mission’s annual Code Red event is a contributing factor.
The charity puts out water, food and supplies to help people cool off. In the last two years, it has distributed more than 980,000 bottles of water alone.
Phoenix Rescue Mission accepts donations online.
- Arizona water overhaul bills would extend pumping, ease use limits
- Grand Canyon keeps limits on water use due to pump problem
- Millions of Americans turn to bottled water, but is it safer than tap?
- Most drinking water sources in Arizona public schools have no lead
- Mesa says cloudy looking tap water is safe to drink