The hot summer months are upon us and, for some, this time of year can be deadly.
The Maricopa County Department of Health and Human Services said 110 people died of heat-related issues in 2012. In 2014, that number was cut to just 26. Why?
There are numerous reasons, but the Phoenix Rescue Mission’s annual Code Red event is a contributing factor.
The charity puts out water, food and supplies to help people cool off. In the last two years, it has distributed more than 980,000 bottles of water alone.
Phoenix Rescue Mission accepts donations online.
- Gov. Ducey, top Arizona lawmakers call for bipartisan water deal
- Arizona nearing deadline for Colorado River drought plan
- Southern California agency OKs water plan that awaits Arizona’s approval
- Arizona makes progress on Colorado River drought plan
- Central Arizona Project offers new plan for Colorado River water