The hot summer months are upon us and, for some, this time of year can be deadly.
The Maricopa County Department of Health and Human Services said 110 people died of heat-related issues in 2012. In 2014, that number was cut to just 26. Why?
There are numerous reasons, but the Phoenix Rescue Mission’s annual Code Red event is a contributing factor.
The charity puts out water, food and supplies to help people cool off. In the last two years, it has distributed more than 980,000 bottles of water alone.
Phoenix Rescue Mission accepts donations online.
- In Arizona, Trump signs memorandum addressing water issues
- Here is how a power washer can clean up your home and yard
- Gilbert Feeding Families to hold food drive throughout September
- No More Deaths duels with Border Patrol over water, food for migrants
- As temperatures swell, Salvation Army workers hand out water in Phoenix