NEW YORK (AP) — The NBA says Nike will become the league’s official uniform provider beginning with the 2017-18 season.
The league said Wednesday it had agreed on an eight-year deal with Nike, which will become the first apparel partner to have its logo appear on NBA uniforms.
Adidas is the league’s current provider and has two years left on its contract. But Nike already has a significant presence through endorsement deals with many of the league’s biggest stars.
Nike has also been a global marketing partner of the NBA since 1992, a marketing partner of the WNBA since its inception in 1997 and the exclusive apparel provider of USA Basketball since 2006.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 5 safety pitfalls putting your business at risk
- Keeping outdoor workers safe in the scorching desert heat
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees