SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. (AP) — The New York teen who won the latest competition on NBC’s “The Voice” has been added to the concert lineup that’s performing at a venue in the upstate city where he started out as a street musician.
Sawyer Fredericks of Fultonville in the Mohawk Valley will be the closing act for Saturday’s FLY92.3 Summer Jam at Saratoga Performing Arts Center.
The 16-year-old singer became a national sensation as he advanced on “The Voice” during its recently completed eighth season. The guitar-playing teen, wearing his signature bowler, was crowned the show’s champion on May 19.
Fredericks used to perform at local farmers’ markets and did some busking on the streets of Saratoga Springs before landing a spot on “The Voice.”
Other acts for the daylong concert include Charli XCX, B.O.B., Walk the Moon, Echosmith and Jake Miller.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Arizona’s Stevie Nicks to be inducted into Rock Hall of Fame again
- Metal icons Slayer bringing farewell tour to Phoenix’s Ak-Chin Pavilion
- Tim McGraw, Dierks Bentley to headline Country Thunder Arizona
- Arizona’s Stevie Nicks earns Rock Hall of Fame nomination as solo act
- Odesza, Empire of the Sun to headline McDowell Mountain Music Festival