PHOENIX — Between possible rain and planned freeway-improvement projects, traveling around the Phoenix area will be tougher than usual.
• Northbound Interstate 17 will be closed between Glendale and Peoria Avenues from 9 p.m. Friday to 11 p.m. Saturday for pavement-improvement work. Northbound on-ramps at Camelback and Bethany Home roads will be closed during this time.
• Southbound I-17 will be closed between Pioneer Road and State Route 74 from 11 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday for installation of overhead message sign.
• Eastbound Interstate 10 will be narrowed to one lane between Wild Horse Pass Boulevard and Riggs Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Saturday and from 9 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday for paving. Eastbound off- and on-ramps at Queen Creek Road will also closed during the Friday night restriction.
• Grand Avenue will be narrowed to one lane in both directions between Loop 303 and 163rd Avenue in Surprise from 9 p.m. Friday to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Loop 101 will be narrowed to two lanes in both directions between Indian Bend Road and McDonald Drive from 10 p.m. Sunday to 3 a.m. Monday for widening project. The northbound on- and off-ramps at Indian Bend and the northbound on-ramp at McDonald and southbound on-ramp at Indian Bend will also be closed.
• McKellips Road and Dobson Road will be closed in both directions at Loop 202 from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for bridge work.