LONDON (AP) — Paul McCartney says he has given up marijuana after many years of indulgence and now prefers wine or “a nice margarita.”
The former Beatle told the Daily Mirror he doesn’t want to set a bad example for his children and grandchildren by using marijuana. He said Saturday his decision is “a parent thing.”
He says “the last time I smoked was a long time ago.”
McCartney had been a long-time marijuana user who spent 10 nights in jail after he was arrested trying to enter Japan with a large quantity of the drug in 1980.
The 72-year-old British rock/pop star is fit and has long advocated a vegetarian lifestyle. He continues to perform for adoring crowds worldwide.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Study shows what music Arizona listens to the most
- Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath to play free concert in downtown Phoenix
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- This dog absolutely demands to watch the ‘Despacito’ music video