HAVANA (AP) — Pop star Rihanna drew a crowd Friday while cruising down Havana’s Malecon shore boulevard in a classic American convertible from the 1950s.
Children and young people swarmed around the car, using their cellphones to snap pictures of the singer while security guards kept them from getting too close.
Cuban state media say Rihanna arrived in Cuba on Wednesday and made an unannounced appearance at the La Fontana restaurant.
The media reports say she also has recorded video footage in the capital’s central district of El Vedado and at the La Guarida restaurant, where the Cuban movie “Strawberry and Chocolate” was filmed.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Study shows what music Arizona listens to the most
- Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath to play free concert in downtown Phoenix
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- This dog absolutely demands to watch the ‘Despacito’ music video