HAVANA (AP) — Pop star Rihanna drew a crowd Friday while cruising down Havana’s Malecon shore boulevard in a classic American convertible from the 1950s.
Children and young people swarmed around the car, using their cellphones to snap pictures of the singer while security guards kept them from getting too close.
Cuban state media say Rihanna arrived in Cuba on Wednesday and made an unannounced appearance at the La Fontana restaurant.
The media reports say she also has recorded video footage in the capital’s central district of El Vedado and at the La Guarida restaurant, where the Cuban movie “Strawberry and Chocolate” was filmed.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Joe Jackson, patriarch of musical Jackson family, dies at 89
- Justin Timberlake to return to Phoenix for second 2018 show
- Country Thunder music festival to kick off in Arizona on Thursday
- Neighbors come together for ‘Neighbor Dance Challenge’
- Your Apple Music or Spotify subscription may cost more soon