DETROIT (AP) — Add former Indianapolis 500 champion Tony Kanaan to the list of fans who just can’t shake off Taylor Swift.
Swift will fill in the blank space on Kanaan’s car this weekend at the Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix as part of a promotion with her label, Big Machine Records. Kanaan will drive the No. 10 Taylor Swift Chevrolet in conjunction with her Saturday night performance in Detroit.
Swift, a seven-time Grammy winner, kicked off her The 1989 World Tour earlier this month.
“I’m hoping that some of Taylor’s luck we saw last weekend at the Billboard Music Awards will carry over with me into our doubleheader in Detroit,” Kanaan said of Swift’s eight wins last weekend.
Kanaan, in his second season with Chip Ganassi Racing, is still searching for his first win of the year. He crashed out of the Indy 500 on Sunday.
Big Machine is the official entertainment partner of Chip Ganassi Racing, and it used a Swift paint scheme on the No. 42 Sprint Cup car in NASCAR to promote another one of her albums. The label is also using a Rascal Flatts scheme on the rear wing of rookie Sage Karam’s car this weekend in Detroit.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Study shows what music Arizona listens to the most
- Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath to play free concert in downtown Phoenix
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- This dog absolutely demands to watch the ‘Despacito’ music video