We all know about income, sales and other taxes, but what is the whole picture on where the state of Arizona gets its money?
• Which sources raise more money?
• What is the general fund?
• Discretionary funding?
• Are Arizona taxes regressive or progressive (and what do those terms mean, anyway)?
• Are Arizona’s revenues stable, increasing, or decreasing?
• Did you know that major chunks of the Arizona budget are off-limits to legislative action?
ASU economist Dennis Hoffman discusses these issues in this week’s Think Tank. Tune in and next time you hear someone discussing state taxes, you are more likely to know more than they do.