CAIRO (AP) — Egyptian authorities have arrested a woman who danced in a racy music video that went viral on the internet and referred her to misdemeanor court for “inciting debauchery.”
The clip, a low-budget production entitled “Hands Off,” or “Sib Eddi” in Egyptian Arabic, contains no nudity but plenty of scantily-clad booty shaking by the woman, Reda el-Fouly, who dances to the voice of a singer called Mena.
Ahmed Bakly of the Giza prosecution said in a statement that the clip “disrupted morality.” He also ordered the arrest of Wael Elsedeki, who he described as el-Fouly’s boyfriend who had left the country for Tunisia after some social media users called the video scandalous, and a third person involved in the video.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Study shows what music Arizona listens to the most
- Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath to play free concert in downtown Phoenix
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- This dog absolutely demands to watch the ‘Despacito’ music video