BERLIN (AP) — A closely watched survey shows German business confidence has slightly slipped as companies expressed satisfaction with their current situation but increasing worries about the future.
The Ifo Institute said Friday its Business Climate Index dipped to 108.5 points for May from 108.6 points the month before.
The survey of some 7,000 firms in manufacturing, construction, wholesaling and retailing showed a rise in their evaluation of their current situation to 114.3 points from 114.0 in April.
When asked about their expectations for the next six months, however, their evaluation dropped to 103.0 points from 103.4 the month before.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 5 safety pitfalls putting your business at risk
- Keeping outdoor workers safe in the scorching desert heat
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees