The stock market eked out another record close on Thursday as rising oil prices boosted energy stocks. The market’s gains this week have been modest as investors wait for more signals about the strength of the economy and the timing of a possible interest rate increase from the Federal Reserve.
The Dow Jones industrial average edged up 0.34 point to 18,285.74.
The S&P 500 closed up 4.97 points, or 0.2 percent, to 2,130.82.
The Nasdaq composite rose 19.05 points, or 0.4 percent, to 5,090.79.
For the week:
The Dow is up 13.18 points, or 0.1 percent.
The S&P 500 is up 8.09 points, or 0.4 percent.
The Nasdaq is up 42.05, or 0.8 percent.
For the year:
The Dow is up 462.67 points, or 2.6 percent.
The S&P 500 index is up 71.92 points, or 3.5 percent.
The Nasdaq is up 354.74 points, or 7.5 percent.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 5 safety pitfalls putting your business at risk
- Keeping outdoor workers safe in the scorching desert heat
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees