LOS ANGELES (AP) — A man convicted of stealing items from pop singer Miley Cyrus’ home last year has been sentenced to two years in state prison.
Rusty Sellner was sentenced Wednesday in Los Angeles, three months after he pleaded no contest in the case. The 22-year-old was charged with stealing what a prosecutor described as a large amount of personal property from Cyrus’ Toluca Lake home in December.
Sellner has previous convictions for burglary and evading arrest. Charges of receiving stolen property and grand theft were dropped in exchange for Sellner’s no contest plea in February.
The case was the second in a year involving a break-in at Cyrus’ home. An Arizona couple was sentenced to prison after burglarizing the pop singer’s home in May 2014.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Joe Jackson, patriarch of musical Jackson family, dies at 89
- Justin Timberlake to return to Phoenix for second 2018 show
- Country Thunder music festival to kick off in Arizona on Thursday
- Neighbors come together for ‘Neighbor Dance Challenge’
- Your Apple Music or Spotify subscription may cost more soon