SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — The Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill located in Syracuse’s Destiny USA mall has closed suddenly, making it the second honky-tonk bearing the country music star’s name to go belly up this month.
The business closed its doors at midnight Saturday, soon after a performance by country music singer Chris Cagle.
The restaurant had owed $300,000 in unpaid sales taxes to New York state, but resolved the problems last year. Boomtown Entertainment, the Phoenix-based company that operates the I Love This Bar and Grill chain, is in an ongoing legal dispute involving rent the mall’s owners say they’re owed.
The Toby Keith bar in Woodbridge, Virginia, closed May 2.
Entering 2015, Boomtown Entertainment operated the restaurants in 14 markets, with several others scheduled to open this year.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Joe Jackson, patriarch of musical Jackson family, dies at 89
- Justin Timberlake to return to Phoenix for second 2018 show
- Country Thunder music festival to kick off in Arizona on Thursday
- Neighbors come together for ‘Neighbor Dance Challenge’
- Your Apple Music or Spotify subscription may cost more soon