LAS VEGAS (AP) — A Guns N’ Roses guitarist says a former Las Vegas police captain who helped him use the department’s helicopter for an elaborate wedding proposal did nothing wrong and he’s glad he won his job back.
Daren Jay “DJ” Ashba hails a Friday decision by a Nevada state board ordering the Las Vegas police department to reinstate David O’Leary to his job.
O’Leary had been criticized for helping arrange a police helicopter ride for his friend so the rocker could propose to then-girlfriend Nathalia Henao in 2013.
Ashba told KLAS-TV of Las Vegas (http://bit.ly/1e9nFJI ) he felt “horrible” after O’Leary lost his job and the board’s decision confirms he and O’Leary did nothing wrong.
The Local Government Employee-Management Relations Board ruled the participants signed the department’s necessary paperwork to allow civilians to ride along on the helicopter.
Information from: KLAS-TV, http://www.klas-tv.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Joe Jackson, patriarch of musical Jackson family, dies at 89
- Justin Timberlake to return to Phoenix for second 2018 show
- Country Thunder music festival to kick off in Arizona on Thursday
- Neighbors come together for ‘Neighbor Dance Challenge’
- Your Apple Music or Spotify subscription may cost more soon