NEW YORK (AP) — A guitar George Harrison played at a time when Beatlemania was taking flight has sold for nearly half a million dollars at a New York auction.
Julien’s Auctions says the 1963 Mastersound electric guitar went for $490,000 Friday to an undisclosed bidder. Julien’s says Harrison borrowed it from a British music store and played it on stage several times in England and in Channel Islands in the summer of 1963.
It was offered during a two-day rock memorabilia auction.
A so-called “penguin” suit that Elvis Presley wore on stage in Las Vegas in 1975 sold for nearly $122,000. Presley’s marriage certificate from his 1967 wedding to Priscilla Presley sold for over $40,000.
A vest worn by Jimi Hendrix sold for over $59,000. A tank top Madonna wore sold for $25,000.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Joe Jackson, patriarch of musical Jackson family, dies at 89
- Justin Timberlake to return to Phoenix for second 2018 show
- Country Thunder music festival to kick off in Arizona on Thursday
- Neighbors come together for ‘Neighbor Dance Challenge’
- Your Apple Music or Spotify subscription may cost more soon