NEW YORK (AP) — Jenny from the Block is heading to Sin City.
The pop star announced Tuesday night on “American Idol” that she is heading to Las Vegas next year for a residency at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino.
Jennifer Lopez’s stint at the AXIS Theater will begin Jan. 20, 2016. The first 20 performances go on sale Saturday. She has live shows set for January, February, May and June.
Tickets prices range from $59 to $219.
Lopez, 45, follows in the footsteps of contemporary pop stars like Mariah Carey, 45, and Britney Spears, 33, who also launched Vegas residencies.
Lopez once dominated the pop and R&B charts with back-to-back singles, but has struggled musically in the last decade. Her star power, though, has gotten a boost thanks to “Idol.”
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Study shows what music Arizona listens to the most
- Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath to play free concert in downtown Phoenix
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- This dog absolutely demands to watch the ‘Despacito’ music video