LONDON (AP) — Stephen Hawking is a scientific superstar. Now he’s going to mix with rock stars, taking the stage at the Glastonbury Festival.
Organizers said Tuesday that Hawking will make a “special guest appearance” at the Kidz Field during the festival, which runs June 24-28 in southwest England. It did not give details of his performance.
Hawking, who is almost completely paralyzed from motor neuron disease, is one of the world’s best-known cosmologists — his book “A Brief History of Time” has sold in its millions.
He has previously voiced his own character on “The Simpsons,” appeared alongside comedy troupe Monty Python and featured on a track by Pink Floyd.
This year’s Glastonbury lineup also includes Pharrell Williams, Florence And The Machine and The Who.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Joe Jackson, patriarch of musical Jackson family, dies at 89
- Justin Timberlake to return to Phoenix for second 2018 show
- Country Thunder music festival to kick off in Arizona on Thursday
- Neighbors come together for ‘Neighbor Dance Challenge’
- Your Apple Music or Spotify subscription may cost more soon