LONDON (AP) — Stephen Hawking is a scientific superstar. Now he’s going to mix with rock stars, taking the stage at the Glastonbury Festival.
Organizers said Tuesday that Hawking will make a “special guest appearance” at the Kidz Field during the festival, which runs June 24-28 in southwest England. It did not give details of his performance.
Hawking, who is almost completely paralyzed from motor neuron disease, is one of the world’s best-known cosmologists — his book “A Brief History of Time” has sold in its millions.
He has previously voiced his own character on “The Simpsons,” appeared alongside comedy troupe Monty Python and featured on a track by Pink Floyd.
This year’s Glastonbury lineup also includes Pharrell Williams, Florence And The Machine and The Who.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Study shows what music Arizona listens to the most
- Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath to play free concert in downtown Phoenix
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- This dog absolutely demands to watch the ‘Despacito’ music video