MILAN (AP) — La Scala has announced the cancellation of a concert in its Expo 2015 series by pianist Maurizio Pollini because he’s suffering from tendinitis.
The opera house said Thursday that Pollini has had the problem for several weeks, and was forced to cancel the May 11 concert, one of a series of “extraordinary concerts” scheduled as part of its extended season for Milan world’s fair.
Pollini has canceled engagements in other cities, including Madrid, where he couldn’t play because of tendinitis in his right foot.
La Scala said that Pollini “had hoped to the last minute to maintain his commitment” at the opera house, which will reschedule his concert.
La Scala is remaining open all summer for the first time with a full schedule of concerts.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Study shows what music Arizona listens to the most
- Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath to play free concert in downtown Phoenix
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- This dog absolutely demands to watch the ‘Despacito’ music video