MILAN (AP) — La Scala has announced the cancellation of a concert in its Expo 2015 series by pianist Maurizio Pollini because he’s suffering from tendinitis.
The opera house said Thursday that Pollini has had the problem for several weeks, and was forced to cancel the May 11 concert, one of a series of “extraordinary concerts” scheduled as part of its extended season for Milan world’s fair.
Pollini has canceled engagements in other cities, including Madrid, where he couldn’t play because of tendinitis in his right foot.
La Scala said that Pollini “had hoped to the last minute to maintain his commitment” at the opera house, which will reschedule his concert.
La Scala is remaining open all summer for the first time with a full schedule of concerts.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Joe Jackson, patriarch of musical Jackson family, dies at 89
- Justin Timberlake to return to Phoenix for second 2018 show
- Country Thunder music festival to kick off in Arizona on Thursday
- Neighbors come together for ‘Neighbor Dance Challenge’
- Your Apple Music or Spotify subscription may cost more soon