The stock market crept to a record high in a quiet session on Monday. Investors had little news to weigh because most major companies have finished reporting first-quarter results.
The Dow rose 26.32 points, or 0.1 percent, to 18,298.88.
The S&P 500 index gained 6.47 points, or 0.3 percent, to 2,129.20.
The Nasdaq composite rose 30.15 points, or 0.6 percent, to 5,078.44.
For the year:
The Dow is up 475.81 points, or 2.7 percent.
The S&P 500 index is up 70.30 points, or 3.4 percent.
The Nasdaq is up 342.38 points, or 7.2 percent.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 5 safety pitfalls putting your business at risk
- Keeping outdoor workers safe in the scorching desert heat
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees