U.S. stock indexes closed mostly higher Friday, pushing the Standard & Poor’s 500 index its second straight record close. Major indexes wavered between small gains and losses through much of the day as investors weighed new economic data and corporate earnings news.
The Dow rose 20.32 points, or 0.1 percent, to 18,272.56.
The S&P 500 index gained 1.63 points, or 0.1 percent, to 2,122.73.
The Nasdaq composite fell 2.50 points, or 0.1 percent, to 5,048.29.
For the week:
The Dow is up 81.45 points, or 0.5 percent.
The S&P 500 index is up 6.63 points, or 0.3 percent.
The Nasdaq is up 44.74 points, or 0.9 percent.
For the year:
The Dow is up 449.49 points, or 2.5 percent.
The S&P 500 index is up 63.83 points, or 3.1 percent.
The Nasdaq is up 312.24 points, or 6.6 percent.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments