PARIS (AP) — The Paris prosecutor’s office says 11 people have been detained in relation to last year’s dramatic ambush of a Saudi prince’s diplomatic convoy.
Spokeswoman Agnes Thibault-Lecuivre confirmed that 11 people were in custody on Monday but declined to release other details.
The armed robbers ambushed the Mercedes in August 2014 as the convoy was headed to the airport, torching and abandoning the vehicle later.
At the time, officials said the car had 250,000 euros ($280,000) in cash and embassy documents inside, and that the assailants seemed well informed about the convoy’s itinerary.
Neither Saudi nor French officials have named the prince.
Members of the Saudi royal family often come to Paris for diplomatic or business visits.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.