This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 39 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
Prescott native Kayla Mueller, who was confirmed dead earlier this week after being kidnapped and held hostage by ISIS militants, left a voicemail pleading for help soon after her abduction, friends revealed Thursday.
“Please help me,” she said, according to a Daily Mail report. “I’m so sick, I’m dying.”
A friend, Oruba Barakat, who met Mueller in Turkey before the victim’s departure for Syria was the one to receive the message.
Barakat said Mueller’s various contacts initially made desperate pleas for ISIS to release her. The comrade places the voicemail two to three months after Mueller’s August 2013 capture. It was 10-15 seconds long.
“She begged for help,” she added.
“I called the American Embassy, I called many people inside Syria asking for help asking if they could convince ISIS to free her because she is a very good girl and did good things for Syrians. But ISIS doesn’t care about Syrians.”
- Ducey shuts down rumors of Cindy McCain’s appointment to Senate
- Jan Brewer defends McCain from critics calling for him to step down
- Horizon Honors teacher awarded Mac & Gaydos Pay Tribute to a Teacher
- Protesting teachers line streets near KTAR 92.3 FM for Ducey’s arrival
- Sheriff Paul Penzone voices concerns about Ducey’s school safety plan