This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 50 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
Have you ever stolen towels from a hotel?
If you’re thinking about doing that again, hotels may be able to track you down.
Some hotels lose up to 20 percent of their linens a month, but those numbers will soon plummet as 2,000 hotels now use chips to track towels using radio frequency.
The chip sends a signal to antennae at the entrance or exit of the hotel, letting proprietors know when the linen has exited the premises.
The chips could save an estimated $50,000 per year in lost linen.
- Sheriff Paul Penzone looking to eliminate ‘Tent City’ phrase in 2018
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ contestant Evie Clair sings Christmas carols
- One year in, Paul Penzone continues to address ‘culture of hate’ claims
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest stories from past weekend in Arizona, nation
- Palo Verde Middle School teacher gets monthly KTAR News award