This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 50 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
Do you have a funeral to attend but really need to get to the store, soccer practice and whip up something for the kids? A Michigan funeral home as answer for your busy life: A drive-through.
According to mlive.com, the Paradise Funeral Chapel in Saginaw, Mich., now lets mourners cruise by to say their final wish.
While it may seem like a joke or gimmick, the funeral home’s president, Ivan E. Phillips, said the service actually makes sense. He said an elderly woman was unable to attend her husband’s funeral because of physical restrictions, but could have been there if the drive-through was open.
“She would’ve got a chance to see him if we had this, so I knew we had to move forward,” Phillips said.
Though the idea may seem innovative, it’s not. Several other funeral homes in the U.S. also offer drive-through mourning.
- Ducey shuts down rumors of Cindy McCain’s appointment to Senate
- Jan Brewer defends McCain from critics calling for him to step down
- Horizon Honors teacher awarded Mac & Gaydos Pay Tribute to a Teacher
- Protesting teachers line streets near KTAR 92.3 FM for Ducey’s arrival
- Sheriff Paul Penzone voices concerns about Ducey’s school safety plan