This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 50 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
Do you have a funeral to attend but really need to get to the store, soccer practice and whip up something for the kids? A Michigan funeral home as answer for your busy life: A drive-through.
According to mlive.com, the Paradise Funeral Chapel in Saginaw, Mich., now lets mourners cruise by to say their final wish.
While it may seem like a joke or gimmick, the funeral home’s president, Ivan E. Phillips, said the service actually makes sense. He said an elderly woman was unable to attend her husband’s funeral because of physical restrictions, but could have been there if the drive-through was open.
“She would’ve got a chance to see him if we had this, so I knew we had to move forward,” Phillips said.
Though the idea may seem innovative, it’s not. Several other funeral homes in the U.S. also offer drive-through mourning.
Mac & Gaydos
- Penzone: Campaigns should focus on what candidates stand for
- Gov. Ducey supports Flake’s request to delay vote for FBI investigation
- Look back on a decade of the Mac & Gaydos show
- How would Sheriff Penzone deal with speeding Arizona lawmaker?
- Ducey shuts down rumors of Cindy McCain’s appointment to Senate