You know that guy in accounting you dread seeing in the break room, let alone outside of work? It turns out you should vacation together.
But hold on. According to The Week, you don’t have to go to the same spot. A new Swedish study said vacations benefit employees more when everyone takes a break at the same time.
The reasoning behind the study is fairly simple: When everyone is away from the office, there’s no one to check in with from the beach.
No wonder many are finding that going away is too much work. Only 40 percent of Americans use their vacation time, 60 percent say they work while on vacation, and many complain about the work-crunch before and after the holidays.
The study felt everyone going away at the same time was more feasible in American than the current European model, in which multiple countries tend to come to a standstill while everyone enjoys a vacation during certain summer months.
Why is it more feasible? We’re glad you asked. A different study said exactly zero American companies are required to grant paid vacation and, when they do, it is often the standard two weeks.
Fourteen days of paid vacation would likely be viewed as criminal in Europe, where citizens are given about 30 days off annually.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident