This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 83 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
It’s always a good idea to have a backup plan in case things — a night out, vacation, massive humanitarian crisis at the border — go wrong.
According to the National Review, President Barack Obama’s current backup plan should protestors block U.S. transportation of illegal immigrants within the country is to take them to “transitional centers” within the Catholic Church.
John Andrews, the diocese’s director of communications who attended the planning meeting, tells NRO that the idea is to set up “transitional centers” where volunteers and representatives from Catholic Charities would provide food, medical, and spiritual care for families who have been processed at a Border Patrol station.
Andrews said the immigrants would likely be allowed to stay for a couple days at most, but the church could attempt to set them up with a local family.
Obama approached the church after protestors forced several buses carrying illegals to be rerouted in Murietta, Calif.
- ‘Remember me?’ Mom outs college-aged son on Facebook for not calling home
- Gaydos meets Solomon the lion from Wildlife World Zoo
- Donald Trump wins Mac & Gaydos’ Presidential Pick Fest
- Colorado woman turns to Craigslist to rent a family for her birthday
- Renting, not owning, a growing trend among millennials