This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 52 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
Someone certainly doesn’t like the Valley of the Sun.
In a piece written for Vice, Troy Farah makes it very clear that he is not a fan of the Phoenix area. If he’s to be believed, we’d be hard-put to find a place worse than the Valley.
If you count all the surrounding districts, more than 4.1 million people crowd into this sprawling, suburbanite wasteland, yet no one really likes it here. We really try, but every boring list we dominate (we’re safe drivers, apparently, and we’re a top city for “entry-level jobs.” Whoopee) and every whine for relevance smacks of some deep, inner denial.
And that’s just the beginning. In his tirade, Farah bashes everything from the color of many buildings (beige) to Sheriff Joe Arpaio and Westgate.
Though Farah did make us chuckle a few times (namely his brief explanation of Arizona’s summer heat), we thought it was odd that someone who lives here would attack everything. It’s clearly written with some tongue-in-cheek, but the apparent hate he has for Phoenix is obvious.
If we could respond with just one simple phrase, Mr. Farah: Sky Harbor is right down the street and offers hundreds of daily flights.
To read the full piece, head over here. WARNING: Piece does contain foul language.
- Arizona congresswoman hopes Trump meeting start of bipartisan work
- Former Arizona AG wants Arpaio to be forced to work with immigrant groups
- Teenage witness says deadly Arizona flash flood was heartbreaking to watch
- Ducey is ‘very concerned’ with how GOP health bill could affect Arizona
- Five months into office, Penzone says problems with politics still persist in MCSO