This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 48 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
PHOENIX — When Micky, a 5-year-old pit bull, bit a little boy’s face back, he was put in a 10-day quarantine at Animal Care and Control.
Now, dozens of Valley residents are trying to save Micky’s life, as his quarantine ends.
Last month, the little boy, 4, tried to take a bone out of the Micky’s mouth when the dog mauled his face so severely, he now needs several surgeries to reconstruct his face, according to MyFoxPhoenix.com.
Micky was in his own yard at the time of the incident. Experts and protesters alike are saying he was just defending himself and was expressing typical canine behavior.
“I believe it’s tragic, but I also believe the dog didn’t do anything wrong. He was on his property eating his bone when the child reached down and tried to take his bone away from him,” said Veronica Gasiorowski.
The little boy was also not with his parents at the time.
“Had Micky left his yard to go and maul the child on purpose that would be a different story. This is a case of an unattended child left by a babysitter,” said Gasiorowski.
The dog has also not shown any violent behavior toward the Animal Care and Control staff, since being taken into their custody. The staff has even described him as “mellow.”
Micky’s fate began Monday, when Animal Care and Control took part in a hearing.
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- Arizona Rep. Kyrsten Sinema: ‘It’s my job’ to attend Trump inauguration
- Arizona. Gov. Doug Ducey to push for teacher raises in upcoming months
- Gov. Doug Ducey: I approve of border wall ‘as long as it benefits Arizona’
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio