This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 48 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
PHOENIX — When Micky, a 5-year-old pit bull, bit a little boy’s face back, he was put in a 10-day quarantine at Animal Care and Control.
Now, dozens of Valley residents are trying to save Micky’s life, as his quarantine ends.
Last month, the little boy, 4, tried to take a bone out of the Micky’s mouth when the dog mauled his face so severely, he now needs several surgeries to reconstruct his face, according to MyFoxPhoenix.com.
Micky was in his own yard at the time of the incident. Experts and protesters alike are saying he was just defending himself and was expressing typical canine behavior.
“I believe it’s tragic, but I also believe the dog didn’t do anything wrong. He was on his property eating his bone when the child reached down and tried to take his bone away from him,” said Veronica Gasiorowski.
The little boy was also not with his parents at the time.
“Had Micky left his yard to go and maul the child on purpose that would be a different story. This is a case of an unattended child left by a babysitter,” said Gasiorowski.
The dog has also not shown any violent behavior toward the Animal Care and Control staff, since being taken into their custody. The staff has even described him as “mellow.”
Micky’s fate began Monday, when Animal Care and Control took part in a hearing.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident