This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 48 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
PHOENIX — When Micky, a 5-year-old pit bull, bit a little boy’s face back, he was put in a 10-day quarantine at Animal Care and Control.
Now, dozens of Valley residents are trying to save Micky’s life, as his quarantine ends.
Last month, the little boy, 4, tried to take a bone out of the Micky’s mouth when the dog mauled his face so severely, he now needs several surgeries to reconstruct his face, according to MyFoxPhoenix.com.
Micky was in his own yard at the time of the incident. Experts and protesters alike are saying he was just defending himself and was expressing typical canine behavior.
“I believe it’s tragic, but I also believe the dog didn’t do anything wrong. He was on his property eating his bone when the child reached down and tried to take his bone away from him,” said Veronica Gasiorowski.
The little boy was also not with his parents at the time.
“Had Micky left his yard to go and maul the child on purpose that would be a different story. This is a case of an unattended child left by a babysitter,” said Gasiorowski.
The dog has also not shown any violent behavior toward the Animal Care and Control staff, since being taken into their custody. The staff has even described him as “mellow.”
Micky’s fate began Monday, when Animal Care and Control took part in a hearing.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona