This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 59 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
In Louisiana, Mo., a three-year-old boy died in a fire while his stepfather lay on the ground, handcuffed, suffering Taser shocks from police officers.
The man, who police have described as combative following the incident, was committed to entering the home to rescue his stepson, but police made a “judgment call”, according to USA Today, fearing that the fire would consume him, inevitably causing another fatality. Officers opted to restrain him, shocking him with a Taser gun three times and sending him to jail following the tragedy.
The fire was thought to be caused by faulty electrical wiring in the home of the duo. Riley, the three-year-old who lost his life in the fire, was found just 12 feet from the door his stepfather was attempting to enter during the blaze.
- Sheriff Paul Penzone looking to eliminate ‘Tent City’ phrase in 2018
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ contestant Evie Clair sings Christmas carols
- One year in, Paul Penzone continues to address ‘culture of hate’ claims
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest stories from past weekend in Arizona, nation
- Palo Verde Middle School teacher gets monthly KTAR News award