This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 50 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
If a pregnant woman walks on to a bus and a man gives up his seat for her, is he being sexist or courteous?
According to Today.com, an online debate was sparked over the weekend after a pregnant politician, Jo Swinson, stood for about 30 minutes during an English parliamentary session without being offered a seat.
After the Internet caught wind of the situation, people began discussing if giving up a seat for a woman purely because she is pregnant is sexist or polite.
Swinson herself weighed in on the debate and said that an offered seat was courteous.
About to get on the tube – seat offers welcome & definitely not sexist :o)
But I was happier standing at pmqs yesterday
— Jo Swinson (@joswinson) October 17, 2013
Does that settle the debate?
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest stories from past weekend in Arizona, nation
- Palo Verde Middle School teacher gets monthly KTAR News award
- Mac Watson of ‘Mac and Gaydos’ shares story of adopting children
- Arizona lawmaker wants new policies for addressing inappropriate behavior
- Former Tent City site to treat 500-plus inmates for opioid addiction