This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 50 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
October, when millions of Americans don pink products to raise breast cancer awareness.
And companies line their pockets with millions of dollars?
According to WTSP.com, some companies who produce the pink products and claim donations are going to breast cancer research are fudging the truth.
“The companies that are just producing pink products and allowing consumers to come to their own conclusions are probably pocketing most of that,” says [Ginger Reichl, who owns Pinstripe Marketing].
One of the companies that takes a lot of heat when it goes pink is the National Football League. A blogger stated that the league only turns over 5 percent of the pink product purchases to research.
The NFL has donated about $3 million in four years, balancing out to under $1 million per yer from revenues nearing $10 billion.
- Former Arizona AG wants Arpaio to be forced to work with immigrant groups
- Teenage witness says deadly Arizona flash flood was heartbreaking to watch
- Ducey is ‘very concerned’ with how GOP health bill could affect Arizona
- Five months into office, Penzone says problems with politics still persist in MCSO
- Ducey faces pressure, backlash during fight to overhaul K-12 education