In what was most likely an innocent attempt at being cute, Walmart has now removed a child’s Halloween costume from its shelves due to complaints, according to KATU.
The purple and black “Naughty Leopard” costume was designed for girl toddlers, but some parents believed the name was inappropriate for such a young age.
Walmart spokeswoman Danit Marquardt has offered the company’s sincerest apologies and added they did not knowingly mean to offend anyone.
Nowhere did Walmart imply that “naughty” meant “sexy,” but in today’s culture and the current Halloween styles for females, the big-box retailer should have seen this coming.
Do you think parents were overreacting or do you think Walmart should have taken better care when naming the costume?
- Ducey shuts down rumors of Cindy McCain’s appointment to Senate
- Jan Brewer defends McCain from critics calling for him to step down
- Horizon Honors teacher awarded Mac & Gaydos Pay Tribute to a Teacher
- Protesting teachers line streets near KTAR 92.3 FM for Ducey’s arrival
- Sheriff Paul Penzone voices concerns about Ducey’s school safety plan