This is the story YOU wanted us to talk about as voted on by YOU! It received 54 percent of the vote. Remember to vote in our daily Radioactive poll so we talk about the things YOU care about most!
If you thought the looming potential shutdown of the federal government meant you didn’t need to pay taxes, think again.
According to CNN, a government shutdown doesn’t mean critical services aren’t still provided to the American populace. One of those services is banking, meaning taxes are still collected.
Should the shutdown take place, only a few things are affected, namely federal employees, national parks and federally-contracted projects. Services like air traffic control, border protection and Medicaid would not be affected.
Another delightful fact: While in shutdown mode, Congress and President Barack Obama will still get paychecks. Most of their staffers won’t.
- ‘Remember me?’ Mom outs college-aged son on Facebook for not calling home
- Gaydos meets Solomon the lion from Wildlife World Zoo
- Donald Trump wins Mac & Gaydos’ Presidential Pick Fest
- Colorado woman turns to Craigslist to rent a family for her birthday
- Renting, not owning, a growing trend among millennials