This is the story YOU wanted us to talk about as voted on by YOU! It received 54 percent of the vote. Remember to vote in our daily Radioactive poll so we talk about the things YOU care about most!
If you thought the looming potential shutdown of the federal government meant you didn’t need to pay taxes, think again.
According to CNN, a government shutdown doesn’t mean critical services aren’t still provided to the American populace. One of those services is banking, meaning taxes are still collected.
Should the shutdown take place, only a few things are affected, namely federal employees, national parks and federally-contracted projects. Services like air traffic control, border protection and Medicaid would not be affected.
Another delightful fact: While in shutdown mode, Congress and President Barack Obama will still get paychecks. Most of their staffers won’t.
- Arizona congresswoman hopes Trump meeting start of bipartisan work
- Former Arizona AG wants Arpaio to be forced to work with immigrant groups
- Teenage witness says deadly Arizona flash flood was heartbreaking to watch
- Ducey is ‘very concerned’ with how GOP health bill could affect Arizona
- Five months into office, Penzone says problems with politics still persist in MCSO