This is the story YOU wanted us to talk about as voted on by YOU! It received 54 percent of the vote. Remember to vote in our daily Radioactive poll so we talk about the things YOU care about most!
If you thought the looming potential shutdown of the federal government meant you didn’t need to pay taxes, think again.
According to CNN, a government shutdown doesn’t mean critical services aren’t still provided to the American populace. One of those services is banking, meaning taxes are still collected.
Should the shutdown take place, only a few things are affected, namely federal employees, national parks and federally-contracted projects. Services like air traffic control, border protection and Medicaid would not be affected.
Another delightful fact: While in shutdown mode, Congress and President Barack Obama will still get paychecks. Most of their staffers won’t.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Ducey faces pressure, backlash during fight to overhaul K-12 education
- Four months into office, Paul Penzone works to shake predecessor’s legacy
- Arizona Rep. Kyrsten Sinema: ‘It’s my job’ to attend Trump inauguration
- Arizona. Gov. Doug Ducey to push for teacher raises in upcoming months
- Gov. Doug Ducey: I approve of border wall ‘as long as it benefits Arizona’