A Colorado father recently offered a date with his step-daughter on a classified ads website.
Gary Yates of Denver, who is a diehard Tennessee Volunteers fan, took to the Gainsville, Fla., Craigslist on Monday after somebody backed out of a date with his step-daughter, Jessica Flanagan — a date that was supposed to take place at the Sept. 21 Volunteers away game against the Florida Gators.
Yates already dropped $150 on the tickets, so whoever took Flanagan up on the date would also get to go to the game.
The father posted several pictures of his step-daughter on the website, and he stipulated that the buyer must be “an attractive, professional, single well educated [sic] gentleman, with a good sense of humor, 25-33.”
The cost of the date wasn’t entirely free: His asking price was dinner, drinks and conversation with his step-daughter; the football ticket would be covered, however.
The Daily Mail reports the father did not disclose that he was flying to Florida with his wife for the game, and that the date would essentially be chaperoned.
Yates said he’s seen some “lighthearted responses” but several serious responses (he estimates between 30 and 40), but he has since removed the ad.
He has not said if he’s chosen a suitor for his daughter or if he simply scrapped the online offer.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident