A Colorado father recently offered a date with his step-daughter on a classified ads website.
Gary Yates of Denver, who is a diehard Tennessee Volunteers fan, took to the Gainsville, Fla., Craigslist on Monday after somebody backed out of a date with his step-daughter, Jessica Flanagan — a date that was supposed to take place at the Sept. 21 Volunteers away game against the Florida Gators.
Yates already dropped $150 on the tickets, so whoever took Flanagan up on the date would also get to go to the game.
The father posted several pictures of his step-daughter on the website, and he stipulated that the buyer must be “an attractive, professional, single well educated [sic] gentleman, with a good sense of humor, 25-33.”
The cost of the date wasn’t entirely free: His asking price was dinner, drinks and conversation with his step-daughter; the football ticket would be covered, however.
The Daily Mail reports the father did not disclose that he was flying to Florida with his wife for the game, and that the date would essentially be chaperoned.
Yates said he’s seen some “lighthearted responses” but several serious responses (he estimates between 30 and 40), but he has since removed the ad.
He has not said if he’s chosen a suitor for his daughter or if he simply scrapped the online offer.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- Arizona Rep. Kyrsten Sinema: ‘It’s my job’ to attend Trump inauguration
- Arizona. Gov. Doug Ducey to push for teacher raises in upcoming months
- Gov. Doug Ducey: I approve of border wall ‘as long as it benefits Arizona’
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio