Nowadays people seem to jump to divorce as a quick fix to a problem, but a recent study shows that with so many reasons to leave many couples are still finding reasons to stay in unhappy marriage.
According to ABC 15, two British lawyers, Slater & Gordon, questioned 2,000 unhappy married couples to determine the top reasons why couples stay together.
The number one reason unhappy married couples stayed together was because of a lack of courage to leave. The study found that most men stayed because they feared how a divorce might affect the family and woman stayed for financial security.
The top 10 reasons couples stay together are lack of courage, possibility of regret, hope for improvement, impact on the family, lack of financial security, unwillingness to move, too old, feeling of guilt, intimidation of being alone and feeling lonely, respectively.
- Ducey shuts down rumors of Cindy McCain’s appointment to Senate
- Jan Brewer defends McCain from critics calling for him to step down
- Horizon Honors teacher awarded Mac & Gaydos Pay Tribute to a Teacher
- Protesting teachers line streets near KTAR 92.3 FM for Ducey’s arrival
- Sheriff Paul Penzone voices concerns about Ducey’s school safety plan