Nowadays people seem to jump to divorce as a quick fix to a problem, but a recent study shows that with so many reasons to leave many couples are still finding reasons to stay in unhappy marriage.
According to ABC 15, two British lawyers, Slater & Gordon, questioned 2,000 unhappy married couples to determine the top reasons why couples stay together.
The number one reason unhappy married couples stayed together was because of a lack of courage to leave. The study found that most men stayed because they feared how a divorce might affect the family and woman stayed for financial security.
The top 10 reasons couples stay together are lack of courage, possibility of regret, hope for improvement, impact on the family, lack of financial security, unwillingness to move, too old, feeling of guilt, intimidation of being alone and feeling lonely, respectively.
- Sheriff Paul Penzone voices concerns about Ducey’s school safety plan
- Garcia: ‘Real’ plan would erase education deficit, raise teacher’s pay
- Arizona DCS head responds to claims of failed foster care protections
- Ducey responds to Don Shooter’s claims of ‘suspicious’ state contracts
- McSally defends sharp language used in U.S. Senate announcement