A report has found that 70 percent of Americans take one prescription drug, while half take at least two.
As reported by CBS News, researches from the Mayo Clinic found that antibiotics, antidepressants and painkillers were the most common prescription drugs given to people.
Nearly one in four women ages 50 to 64 were found to be on an antidepressant, with 13 percent of the overall population also on antidepressants.
CBS News said that women and older adults were most common to receive prescription drugs. Younger people tended to go for antidepressants.
The Center for Disease Control has said that the rise in prescription drug consumption will continue in the future.
- Ducey shuts down rumors of Cindy McCain’s appointment to Senate
- Jan Brewer defends McCain from critics calling for him to step down
- Horizon Honors teacher awarded Mac & Gaydos Pay Tribute to a Teacher
- Protesting teachers line streets near KTAR 92.3 FM for Ducey’s arrival
- Sheriff Paul Penzone voices concerns about Ducey’s school safety plan