A Silverdale, Wash., girl was turned away from her senior prom because she was too busty.
According to KATU.com, Brittany Minder was turned away at the door after school officials felt her dress was too revealing.
“In my opinion, I feel that it is because I’m bigger chested and there is more cleavage that you can see, and there’s nothing I could really do about that,” she said.
The school does allow strapless dresses, which Minder had worn to prior dances with no issues.
“It was blatant from the start that the school was not being fair in how they were enforcing that rule,” said Minder’s dad, Gary Minder.
The school permitted Minder to enter the dance after she covered her bust with a shawl, but she only stayed about an hour. She felt her night was ruined.
“I felt self-conscious and they took the magic out of the night,” she said. “It was tough being there after all that happened. I didn’t feel comfortable. I already had a blow to my self-esteem. I didn’t really want to be there anymore.”
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona
- Relive 2015 through the high and low moments of Mac & Gaydos
- Mac & Gaydos’ Caring for Kids nets thousands of donations for Child Crisis Arizona
- Former Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon considers run against Sheriff Arpaio