The Klingon phrase “cha yIbaH qara’DI'” translates in English to “Fire the torpedoes!”
The original series showed the first interracial kiss on American TV, It was between Captain Kirk and Lieutenant Uhura. In fact, it happened in 1968, the same year Martin Luther King was murdered.
William Shatner requested that his name in the opening credits be 10 percent larger in size than that of his co-stars, Leonard Nimoy and DeForest Kelley. He also sold his kidney stone a collector of oddities for $25,000.
Many elements of the Spock character were improvised by Leonard Nimoy during production. For instance, the “Vulcan neck pinch” was his suggestion.
- Sheriff Paul Penzone looking to eliminate ‘Tent City’ phrase in 2018
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ contestant Evie Clair sings Christmas carols
- One year in, Paul Penzone continues to address ‘culture of hate’ claims
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest stories from past weekend in Arizona, nation
- Palo Verde Middle School teacher gets monthly KTAR News award