A majority of people were not satisfied with New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s ban on certain sizes of soda, but none more so than Meghan McCain.
“I just don’t understand why Emperor Bloomberg — which is how I refer to him as I am a resident of New York City — why he thinks that somehow he gets a say in what I put in my body,” McCain told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos on Tuesday. “I don’t understand why this is the fight that he wants, this is the legacy he’s going to leave, but it’s pathetic.”
McCain said the ban has her worried what New York City politicians will try next.
“I don’t know where it is going to end either,” she said. “I don’t smoke, but now if you’re seen with a cigarette in new York City, I’m surprised they’re not arrested right on the spot.”
McCain called Bloomberg a “billionaire sitting in his ivory tower.”
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona
- Relive 2015 through the high and low moments of Mac & Gaydos
- Mac & Gaydos’ Caring for Kids nets thousands of donations for Child Crisis Arizona