Thursday is the last day in the papacy of Pope Benedict XVI and, sadly, we don’t think the former Cardinal Ratzinger ever had a chance of being a figure like John Paul II.
From the moment Pope Emeritus was elected, he was surrounded by scandal. There are rumors he’s retiring because of in-fighting, more scandal and other accusations surrounding his papacy, but Pope Benedict could be stepping down as the Holy Leader of the Catholic Church for a very human reason.
It may be he was just sick and tired of the job.
- Teenage witness says deadly Arizona flash flood was heartbreaking to watch
- Ducey is ‘very concerned’ with how GOP health bill could affect Arizona
- Five months into office, Penzone says problems with politics still persist in MCSO
- Ducey faces pressure, backlash during fight to overhaul K-12 education
- Four months into office, Paul Penzone works to shake predecessor’s legacy