Thursday is the last day in the papacy of Pope Benedict XVI and, sadly, we don’t think the former Cardinal Ratzinger ever had a chance of being a figure like John Paul II.
From the moment Pope Emeritus was elected, he was surrounded by scandal. There are rumors he’s retiring because of in-fighting, more scandal and other accusations surrounding his papacy, but Pope Benedict could be stepping down as the Holy Leader of the Catholic Church for a very human reason.
It may be he was just sick and tired of the job.
- Garcia: ‘Real’ plan would erase education deficit, raise teacher’s pay
- Arizona DCS head responds to claims of failed foster care protections
- Ducey responds to Don Shooter’s claims of ‘suspicious’ state contracts
- McSally defends sharp language used in U.S. Senate announcement
- Sheriff Paul Penzone looking to eliminate ‘Tent City’ phrase in 2018