Meghan McCain hinted at a new anti-bullying venture on Tuesday.
McCain told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos that she reached out via Twitter over the weekend to approach long-time critics Glenn Beck and Laura Ingraham as part of the project.
“I’m working on something I can’t really talk about, but it has to do with bullying and bullying in America,” she said. “I wouldn’t consider myself a victim in any way, but I do think what they have done to me is considered bullying.”
According to The Huffington Post, McCain’s tweets addressed two specific issues she had with the two conservative hosts: Ingraham called McCain “plus-sized,” “a useful idiot” and “a poor man’s Ron Reagan” in 2009. Conversely, Beck pretended to vomit in 2011 following McCain’s involvement in a breast cancer public service announcement and made derogatory comments about her weight.
McCain said her tweets were not confrontational, but meant to spark a civilized conversation between herself and the other pundits.
“I really do want it to be a respectful conversation, a respectful exchange,” she said. “People are thinking I’m coming out wanting to scream at them but it’s more oh a curiosity and I have questions I would like answered.”
Neither Ingraham nor Beck has responded as of Tuesday afternoon.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident