The issue of gun control in America has taken center stage after Friday’s mass shooting in a Connecticut elementary school.
At the forefront of that debate is the question of semi-automatic assault rifles in the United States and their availability. Meghan McCain, a Republican and National Rifle Association member, said she thinks Americans don’t need access to this type of weapon.
“I’m a Second Amendment right supporter, but I think if anything, we really need to start really analyzing gun control options,” “I just don’t believe that any person should have access to a [semi-automatic] assault rifle,” she told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos on Tuesday.
McCain said a screening period could be the solution gun control advocates are looking for.
“I’ve never understood why people have problems with a two-week screening to buy any kind of gun. To me, I don’t understand the logic in just someone being able to walk into a store and buy a gun immediately.”
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Five months into office, Penzone says problems with politics still persist in MCSO
- Ducey faces pressure, backlash during fight to overhaul K-12 education
- Four months into office, Paul Penzone works to shake predecessor’s legacy
- Arizona Rep. Kyrsten Sinema: ‘It’s my job’ to attend Trump inauguration
- Arizona. Gov. Doug Ducey to push for teacher raises in upcoming months