Layoffs are never a fun business, but one Kansas newspaper may have taken things a little too far.
According to Jim Romenesko, two reporters from the Kansas City Star, Karen Dillon and Dawn Bormann, were told that one person has to leave the paper, but rather than simply making the decision, left the matter up to Dillon and Bormann.
“Dillon has seniority, so she has the option of taking it or not taking it,” says a KCConfidential.com source. “And if she does, Dawn gets laid off. Dawn’s a great person but I think Karen will vote in favor of herself because she’s got teenage kids at home.”
Dillon responded to an email from Romanesko and said, while the two have yet to decide, it is one of the most difficult things she’s faced.
While we couldn’t imaging being put in a situation like this, the cruelness of the situation made us think of this clip from The Dark Knight.
What would you do in this situation? What factors would you consider when making your decision?
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona
- Relive 2015 through the high and low moments of Mac & Gaydos
- Mac & Gaydos’ Caring for Kids nets thousands of donations for Child Crisis Arizona