Two child-related gender issues are currently taking the Internet by storm.
In the first issue, a boy’s mother allowed him to wear pink zebra-striped shoes to school.
According to the Huffington Post, the boy’s mother informed him that the shoes were designed for girls, but the boy, whose favorite animal is a zebra, replied that “ninjas can wear pink shoes too.” The photo, posted to Facebook, drew both criticism and praise from thousands of users.
In the second issue, a top chef called for a gender-neutral Easy-Bake Oven, saying the colors the toy is produced in only appeal to little girls.
The call to action stemmed from a 13-year-old New Jersey girl who wanted to buy an Easy-Bake Oven for her 4-year-old brother but disliked that they only came in feminine colors. She started a petition to Hasbro, who makes the oven, to produce the over in more or gender-neutral colors.
We’re wondering what you think: Is it now OK for a boy to wear pink shoes or is it time for a gender-neutral Easy Bake Oven? Do you think these issues make a difference in a child’s future?
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona