Two child-related gender issues are currently taking the Internet by storm.
In the first issue, a boy’s mother allowed him to wear pink zebra-striped shoes to school.
According to the Huffington Post, the boy’s mother informed him that the shoes were designed for girls, but the boy, whose favorite animal is a zebra, replied that “ninjas can wear pink shoes too.” The photo, posted to Facebook, drew both criticism and praise from thousands of users.
In the second issue, a top chef called for a gender-neutral Easy-Bake Oven, saying the colors the toy is produced in only appeal to little girls.
The call to action stemmed from a 13-year-old New Jersey girl who wanted to buy an Easy-Bake Oven for her 4-year-old brother but disliked that they only came in feminine colors. She started a petition to Hasbro, who makes the oven, to produce the over in more or gender-neutral colors.
We’re wondering what you think: Is it now OK for a boy to wear pink shoes or is it time for a gender-neutral Easy Bake Oven? Do you think these issues make a difference in a child’s future?
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident