Two child-related gender issues are currently taking the Internet by storm.
In the first issue, a boy’s mother allowed him to wear pink zebra-striped shoes to school.
According to the Huffington Post, the boy’s mother informed him that the shoes were designed for girls, but the boy, whose favorite animal is a zebra, replied that “ninjas can wear pink shoes too.” The photo, posted to Facebook, drew both criticism and praise from thousands of users.
In the second issue, a top chef called for a gender-neutral Easy-Bake Oven, saying the colors the toy is produced in only appeal to little girls.
The call to action stemmed from a 13-year-old New Jersey girl who wanted to buy an Easy-Bake Oven for her 4-year-old brother but disliked that they only came in feminine colors. She started a petition to Hasbro, who makes the oven, to produce the over in more or gender-neutral colors.
We’re wondering what you think: Is it now OK for a boy to wear pink shoes or is it time for a gender-neutral Easy Bake Oven? Do you think these issues make a difference in a child’s future?
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- Arizona Rep. Kyrsten Sinema: ‘It’s my job’ to attend Trump inauguration
- Arizona. Gov. Doug Ducey to push for teacher raises in upcoming months
- Gov. Doug Ducey: I approve of border wall ‘as long as it benefits Arizona’
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio