The fiscal cliff deadline is quickly approaching, something both sides will likely look to pin on the other should a deal not be made.
However, Meghan McCain, a Republican, said she is unhappy with both sides of the aisle.
“I think we should blame Congress,” she told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos on Tuesday. “I’m so disgusted with both sides’ behavior.”
McCain said she is not an expert on the fiscal cliff, but the situation constantly worries her.
“I feel like I’m in the movie ‘Saw,'” she said. “I need a key and I’m going to search through a body and, unless I get the thing off my face, it’s going to explode and I’m going to die.”
If a deal is going to get done, both parties are going to have to change their stance.
“I just think it’s everyone’s fault,” said McCain. “I think Republicans have to stop being so stickly on making some kind of compromise and I think Democrats have to come to the middle as well.”
McCain said it would be very depressing for Americans to watch Congress let the country slide off the fiscal cliff during the holidays.
Mac & Gaydos
- Penzone: Campaigns should focus on what candidates stand for
- Gov. Ducey supports Flake’s request to delay vote for FBI investigation
- Look back on a decade of the Mac & Gaydos show
- How would Sheriff Penzone deal with speeding Arizona lawmaker?
- Ducey shuts down rumors of Cindy McCain’s appointment to Senate