The fiscal cliff deadline is quickly approaching, something both sides will likely look to pin on the other should a deal not be made.
However, Meghan McCain, a Republican, said she is unhappy with both sides of the aisle.
“I think we should blame Congress,” she told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos on Tuesday. “I’m so disgusted with both sides’ behavior.”
McCain said she is not an expert on the fiscal cliff, but the situation constantly worries her.
“I feel like I’m in the movie ‘Saw,'” she said. “I need a key and I’m going to search through a body and, unless I get the thing off my face, it’s going to explode and I’m going to die.”
If a deal is going to get done, both parties are going to have to change their stance.
“I just think it’s everyone’s fault,” said McCain. “I think Republicans have to stop being so stickly on making some kind of compromise and I think Democrats have to come to the middle as well.”
McCain said it would be very depressing for Americans to watch Congress let the country slide off the fiscal cliff during the holidays.
- Mac Watson of ‘Mac and Gaydos’ shares story of adopting children
- Arizona lawmaker wants new policies for addressing inappropriate behavior
- Former Tent City site to treat 500-plus inmates for opioid addiction
- Arizona congresswoman hopes Trump meeting start of bipartisan work
- Former Arizona AG wants Arpaio to be forced to work with immigrant groups