Meghan McCain said her father’s quest for answers in Libya is personal, but not for the reasons everyone is saying.
McCain told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac and Gaydos Tuesday her father, who rarely shows raw emotion, got very emotional talking and sharing personal stories about his close friend, Ambassador Christopher Stephens, who was killed in the attack in Benghazi, Libya that took place on Sept. 11, 2012.
“My father had slept next to [Stephens] in the Embassy in Libya so I think if anything it’s personal for my dad in that way,” McCain said. “Is there love lost between my dad and President Obama? Of course not.”
McCain went on to say that despite her father’s differences with the president, his desire for answers stems from the mystery that still surrounds the four Americans deaths’ in the Benghazi attack.
“I don’t think it’s personal in the sense that my father has a personal vendetta against President Obama but I do think it’s personal in the sense that he was very close, personal friends with Ambassador Stephens,” McCain said.
McCain said this tragedy needs to be investigated to bring justice to the families who lost their loved ones in the attack.
“We’re going to let four young men and an ambassador who was truly one of the great people trying to bring democracy to the Middle East, we’re going to let them all die and then we’re not going to find out exactly why or how? For, me it’s just sheer logic,” McCain said.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident