Meghan McCain said her father’s quest for answers in Libya is personal, but not for the reasons everyone is saying.
McCain told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac and Gaydos Tuesday her father, who rarely shows raw emotion, got very emotional talking and sharing personal stories about his close friend, Ambassador Christopher Stephens, who was killed in the attack in Benghazi, Libya that took place on Sept. 11, 2012.
“My father had slept next to [Stephens] in the Embassy in Libya so I think if anything it’s personal for my dad in that way,” McCain said. “Is there love lost between my dad and President Obama? Of course not.”
McCain went on to say that despite her father’s differences with the president, his desire for answers stems from the mystery that still surrounds the four Americans deaths’ in the Benghazi attack.
“I don’t think it’s personal in the sense that my father has a personal vendetta against President Obama but I do think it’s personal in the sense that he was very close, personal friends with Ambassador Stephens,” McCain said.
McCain said this tragedy needs to be investigated to bring justice to the families who lost their loved ones in the attack.
“We’re going to let four young men and an ambassador who was truly one of the great people trying to bring democracy to the Middle East, we’re going to let them all die and then we’re not going to find out exactly why or how? For, me it’s just sheer logic,” McCain said.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona