The excitement of finding out the sex of a baby could soon be over.
According to Slate, more parents are now using gender selection procedures to predetermine the sex of their child before the mother is impregnated.
And a lot of couples are using the procedures to choose a daughter.
Data from Google shows that “how to have a girl” is searched three times as often in the United States as “how to have a boy.” Many fertility doctors say that girls are the goal for 80 percent of gender selection patients. A study published in 2009 by the online journal Reproductive Biomedicine Online found Caucasian-Americans preferentially select females through PGD 70 percent of the time.
It may be just us, but wouldn’t this cause a lot of problems? What if you spend the thousands that these procedures cost and you don’t get the stereotypical child you wanted?
- Jan Brewer defends McCain from critics calling for him to step down
- Horizon Honors teacher awarded Mac & Gaydos Pay Tribute to a Teacher
- Protesting teachers line streets near KTAR 92.3 FM for Ducey’s arrival
- Sheriff Paul Penzone voices concerns about Ducey’s school safety plan
- Garcia: ‘Real’ plan would erase education deficit, raise teacher’s pay